Nathaniel J. Krautkramer (“Nathan”) has practiced law in Wausau, Wisconsin for over 17 years. His work includes businesses contracts and transactions, tax planning, tax audit representation, tax debt settlement, wills and trusts, and assisting clients with probate and with real estate transactions. Nathan received his B.A. with honors from the University of Wisconsin in 1999, and received his Juris Doctorate (J.D.) from the University of Wisconsin Law School in 2002. He received a Master of Laws (LL.M.) in Taxation from the University of Washington School of Law in 2003; he also received a Masters of Business Administration (MBA) in Finance and Accounting from the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater in 2014. He is a member of the State Bar of Wisconsin, and is admitted to practice in the federal courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin and the United States Tax Court. Nathan enjoys golfing, curling as an active member of the Wausau Curling Club, and volunteering in the community with the Knights of Columbus. He is a member of St. Agnes Parish in Weston, Wisconsin.
Areas of Practice
• Business Formation and Transactions • Settlement of Tax Liabilities • Tax Audits & Litigation • Tax Planning • Estate Planning • Real Estate Transactions • Probate • Debt Collection, Foreclosure, and Replevin Suits for Creditors
• Wisconsin Supreme Court • U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin • U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin • United States Tax Court
• University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, MBA, 2014 • University of Washington School of Law, Seattle, Washington, LL.M. in Taxation, 2003 • University of Wisconsin Law School, J.D., 2002 • University of Wisconsin-Madison B.A. with honors: Political Science, and Behavioral Science & Law, 1999
Professional Associations, Memberships, and Activities
• State Bar of Wisconsin • Marathon County Bar Association • "Tax Update 2019: Tax Client Basics" CLE Presenter, Wisconsin Judicare, Inc. Fall 2019 Super CLE Seminar. • “Cracking the Codes: Tax Consequences of Bankruptcy in Dealing with Tax Liens” CLE Panel Presenter; State Bar of Wisconsin video webcast June 13, 2017. • “LLCs From Start to Finish” CLE panel presenter, focusing on LLC Tax Issues; National Business Institute (NBI), video webcast December 30, 2015. • Wills for Veterans clinic, attorney volunteer (Wausau, October 2015) • Wills for Veterans clinic, attorney volunteer (Medford, August 27, 2016)
• Knights of Columbus, Sacred Heart Council 4628, Schofield, WI – member (2014 – present) -Recorder (2015 – 2017); Deputy Grand Knight (2017-2019); Grant Knight (2019 — present). • Wausau Noon Optimists – member (2015 – 2017) • Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin — Wausau Community Service - Advisory Board Member (2016 - 2017) - Children’s Engagement Council (2018)
Let’s work together.
"We are a law firm and debt relief agency. We assist people with filing for bankruptcy relief."