We offer telephone initial consultations! Free 1/2 Hour Initial Consultation for New Potential Clients Call (715) 842-2162, Schedule Now Online, orEmail Us to schedule a consultation! Find Us at 3544 Stewart Ave Wausau, Wisconsin west of Menards and O’Malley Honda at the corner of Stewart Ave and 36th Ave. Office Hours: 9:00 am-5:30 p.m.
NOTICE: Paid One-Hour Virtual Consultations Now Available for Limited Time: Schedule a Virtual Bankruptcy Initial Consultation: Schedule Now Online Schedule a Virtual Tax, Business, or Estate Planning Initial Consultation: Schedule Now
James V. Block | Wausau Bankruptcy Lawyer
James V. Block “Jim” Phone: (715) 842-2162 Email:Email Us Schedule a Virtual Bankruptcy Initial Consultation:Schedule Now
Jim’s practice includes representation of individuals and small businesses in chapter 7 and chapter 13 bankruptcies, chapter 128 amortization of debt proceedings, and foreclosures. He also represents creditors in collection actions and court trials. Jim received his J.D., cum laude, from the University of Wisconsin Law School in 2009. While attending Wisconsin Law School, Jim was a Moot Court Board Member and won the 3rd Place Best Brief Award at the Chicago Bar Competition. He also obtained the Law School Academic Achievement Award for highest grade in Property and Constitutional Law. James Block received a Comprehensive Honors Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Economics from the University of Wisconsin in 2006. He is a member of the State Bar of Wisconsin and is admitted to practice in the federal court for the Western and Eastern District of Wisconsin. Jim enjoys volunteering. He also is a parishioner at St. Mark’s Church in Rothschild, Wisconsin.
Areas of Practice
• Chapter 7 and 13 Bankruptcy • Debt Settlement • Wisconsin Chapter 128 Amortization of Debt Proceedings • Small Businesses • Foreclosure • Garnishment Defense • Collections
• Wisconsin • U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin • U.S. Bankruptcy Court Western District of Wisconsin • U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin • U.S. Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of Wisconsin
• University of Wisconsin Law School, Madison, Wisconsin, J.D., cum laude, 2009 • University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin B.A. with comprehensive honors, 2006
• State Bar of Wisconsin • Marathon County Bar Association • American Bankruptcy Institute
• Rotary Club of Wausau
Wisconsin Bankruptcy Law Blog Articles
• “Bankruptcy Court Says A Person Can Have Only One Homestead At A Time”
• Currently serving as Board Member for the Bankruptcy, Insolvency & Creditors’ Rights Section for the State Bar of Wisconsin for term July 1, 2019-June 30, 2022 • "Wills for Veterans Clinic" at Man of Honor Society Clubhouse, Wausau, Wisconsin on April 18, 2015 • Wausau Rotary “Love is International” Co-Chair Wausau, Wisconsin January 8-10, 2016
• “Bankruptcy 2014 with Trustee Block” at 2014 Wisconsin Judicare Continuing Legal Education, Wausau, Wisconsin on March 27, 2014 • "Sailing Through Bankruptcy--Dos and Don'ts" at 2015 Northwestern Wisconsin Bankruptcy Institute, Eau Claire, Wisconsin on May 8, 2015 • “Take the Bank!” Bankruptcy Quiz Western District Panel Member at Wisconsin Annual Bankruptcy Update, State Bar of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin on November 19, 2015 • “Trustee Audit Tips and Tricks” Roundtable Facilitator at Region 11 Chapter 7 Panel Trustee Seminar in Madison Wisconsin on September 23, 2016 • "Protect Your Practice: How to Analyze and Avoid Conflicts of Interest" Panelist at 2016 Wisconsin Solo & Small Firm Conference, Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin on October 22, 2016 • “Valuation: Evidence and Experts” Panelist at 2017 Northwestern Bankruptcy Institute, Eau Claire, Wisconsin on April 28, 2017
Let’s work together.
"We are a law firm and debt relief agency. We assist people with filing for bankruptcy relief."