Tax Attorney | Wausau

Business Tax Estate Planning Wills Krautkramer Block Wausau Law Firm edge
We offer in-person, telephone, and zoom initial consultations!
Call (715) 842-2162 to schedule a consultation!
Find Us at
3544 Stewart Ave Wausau, Wisconsin
west of Menards and O’Malley Honda at the corner of Stewart Ave and 36th Ave.
Office Hours: 9:00 am-5:30 p.m.

Tax Attorney

You do not have to face your tax problems alone. We understand the stress, fear, and confusion you may experience when faced with tax collection from the IRS and Wisconsin Department of Revenue. If you owe more than $20,000.00 in taxes, call our office at (715) 842-2162 to get the help you need to get your legal life in order.‚Äč

I owe back taxes. What can I do?

  • We understand that you may not have been able to pay your taxes in full. Maybe you lost your job, and needed to withdraw funds from a retirement account to survive; now, you owe taxes on that withdrawal that you cannot afford to pay. Or maybe your business ran into hard times, and the withholding or sales taxes did not get paid.
  • If you owe more than $20,000.00 in taxes, our experienced tax attorney will sit down with you, review the tax debts that you owe and your financial situation, and discuss your options for getting these tax problems resolved.
  • If you owe less than $20,000.00 in taxes, then you may be able to pay what you owe through a chapter 13 repayment bankruptcy.

What if I have not filed tax returns for several years?

  • While it may be surprising that the Internal Revenue Service or Wisconsin Department of Revenue did not contact you sooner about the fact that you have not filed several years of tax returns, it is not that uncommon of a situation. Our tax attorney has worked with clients who have not filed returns for up to ten years or more.
  • Even if you are not receiving notices now, it is important to note that there is no time limit barring collection of your tax debts if the returns were never filed.
  • The important thing is to get the process started by calling our office and scheduling a free half-hour consultation. The tax attorney will meet with you, and assist you in locating an accountant who can prepare the missing returns. Once the returns are filed, we will work with you to satisfy your tax debts.

How can I stop a tax wage garnishment or bank levy?

  • When you owe taxes or have not filed tax returns, one of the first things that will happen when the IRS or Wisconsin Department of Revenue case is assigned to the collections department is that you will be sent notices about the debt. These letters will request that you contact the collection officer to discuss how you plan to deal with the problem. If you receive these letters, please do not ignore them; instead, give our office a call and meet with our tax attorney so that you can address the situation before collection activity escalates.
  • If you do not respond to these requests, the tax agencies can begin taking collection actions against you, such as garnishing your wages or levying (seizing) funds from your bank accounts. When this occurs, our tax attorney will work with you and the tax authority to reduce or eliminate the collection activity, giving you time to implement a plan to solve your tax problems.

Is it possible to settle my tax debts for less than I owe?

  • The only method (other than bankruptcy) for paying less than the full amount owed in taxes, interest and penalties is through the settlement programs developed by the tax agencies. The IRS program is known as an Offer In Compromise, and the Wisconsin Department of Revenue program is called a Petition for Compromise.
  • Our tax attorney has over ten years of experience assisting taxpayers in navigating these settlement procedures. Based upon a review of your financial situation, he will determine if you qualify for a compromise, and will maximize your chances of getting a favorable settlement. If you do not qualify for a compromise, he will work with you to create a monthly installment payment plan that you can afford.
  • Do not be fooled by national companies that advertise tax debt settlements for pennies on the dollar, but do nothing but charge fees while your tax debts continue to grow. Meet with a local tax attorney whom you can trust, and who will see the job through to completion.

I received a notice that I am being audited. Can you help me?

  • Our experienced tax attorney has assisted clients with numerous types of tax audits by both the IRS and Wisconsin Department of Revenue: sales and use tax; income tax; motor vehicle fuel tax; employment taxes; and federal excise tax.
  • We will help you through the process, and will work with you to minimize the taxes that the auditor claims you owe.
  • It is important that you contact us as soon as possible after you receive a notice, because you can loose your right to appeal if deadlines are not met. Contact us today!

Let’s work together.

"We are a law firm and debt relief agency. We assist people with filing for bankruptcy relief."

Krautkramer & Block LLC
Law Firm
3544 Stewart Avenue
Wausau, Wisconsin 54401

(715) 842-2162
Fax: (715) 350-2482

Find Us

Please Note: The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice.
You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Disclaimer Site Map

© 2015 Krautkramer & Block LLC Law Firm Contact Me